|Period||Federal (Provisional Rates)||Non-Federal|
|7/1/2023 – TBD||34.30%||33.50%|
|7/1/2023 – TBD||24.50% (postdocs)||24.50% (postdocs)|
Fringe Benefits do not apply to student employees or teaching assistants.
Facilities & Administration Costs (formerly known as Indirect Costs)
The base for F&A Costs is the Modified Total Direct Costs (MTDC).
|On-Campus Rates Period||On-Campus Research||On-Campus Instruction||On-Campus Other Sponsored Activities|
|Period||Off-Campus Research*||Off-Campus Instruction*||Off-Campus Other Sponsored Activities|
Click here for a list of off-campus buildings.
*The on-campus MTDC base excludes equipment, capital expenditures, charges for patient care, tuition remission, rental costs of off-site facilities, scholarships, and fellowships as well as the portion of each subgrant and subcontract in excess of $25,000. Note that equipment is defined by the Rate Agreement as tangible, non-expendable personal property having a useful life of more than one year and an acquisition cost of $5,000 or more.
**The off-campus MTDC base excludes facilities rental costs and operations and maintenance expenses from the direct cost items of materials, supplies, and services.
Previous Federal Rate Agreements: For reference purposes, you may view the following Federal Agreements:
- Rate Agreement June 15, 2022
- Rate Agreement March 9, 2022
- Rate Agreement July 6, 2020
- Rate Agreement March 15, 2019
- Rate Agreement August 28, 2017
- Rate Agreement July 21, 2016
- Rate Agreement July 8, 2015
- Rate Agreement June 26, 2012
- Rate Agreement December 30, 2010
- Rate Agreement March 2, 2010
- Rate Agreement May 28, 2008
- Rate Agreement March 21, 2007
- Rate Agreement June 7, 2007