Announcement: Over the next few months, several eRA Commons modules and screens will be moving to an improved visual appearance being adopted by other eRA modules. The new look is part of a required technology upgrade to enhance the security and stability of eRA Commons. New screens will be rolled out during the next few months into spring, starting with a refreshed ESI Eligibility screen, which was released on January 31, 2024.
Refreshed screens feature a new look, a new banner, new module navigation, enhanced table tools, and the use of three-dot ellipses menus in tables to access actions you can take on a record. Modules and screens to be updated include:
- ESI Eligibility
- Status (for Principal Investigators)
- Status (for Signing Officials)
- Recent/Pending eSubmissions
- Manage Administrative Supplements
- Re-assign Award
- Personal Profile
- Institution Profile
- Admin Module (Accounts and Delegation)
- Request for Additional Materials (RAM)
- IC (Agency) Requested Progress Report Additional Materials (IC PRAM)
- Public Access Progress Report Additional Materials (PA PRAM)
- Grantee Closeout (SAMHSA)
- Tangible Personal Property Report (TPPR)
- Final Progress Report (FPR)
New ESI Eligibility Screen
The new ESI Eligibility screen, available for signing officials (SOs) only, features a new banner and new table tools.
- The ability to export to an Excel .CSV file has been moved to the Export/Print icon menu.
- Use the table tools to specify number of results per page and to navigate through pages of search results.
- The Search by Name capability remains the same and shows only those records that contain the text entered into the field.
Highlights of the New Look
Following the ESI Eligibility screen, all screens listed at the top of this communication will eventually adopt the new standard features being incorporated in other eRA modules. The main changes in the updated screens will be:
- Navigating to other modules — The Main Menu, located in the upper left of the new blue/green header, shows a dropdown menu of other eRA modules to which the user can navigate.
- Action items — Click a three-dot ellipsis icon to display a dropdown menu of action items. The three-dot icons replace the Action column.
- Enhanced table tools — A set of tools enhances the ability to work with table data, from narrowing a search through the filter; selecting columns to appear, downloading and printing; and specifying how many table rows appear per page.
For an explanation of all the new features, see Basics and Navigation for eRA Modules in the eRA Commons online help.