Announcement: Cayuse SP is now live! You can now log into the University’s new proposal and award management system, Cayuse SP and:
- Create a proposal.
- Route a proposal for review and approval.
- Create and link a Grants.gov proposal.
- View the status and routing progress of a proposal.
- View required grants management and conflict of interest trainings.
- View Intellectual Property Assignment, Capture and Tracking (IPACT) compliance.
- View funded proposals and active awards based on your role and assigned Cost Center.
We expect a high level of activity in Cayuse SP over the next few days and weeks as our community creates new proposals and navigates the new user interface and functionality.
In anticipation, we wanted to answer a few questions you may have as you navigate the new system:
How Do I Log into Cayuse SP?
- Navigate to the USC Cayuse SP System: https://usc.app.cayuse.com/
- Enter your USC-issued Shibboleth username and password.
- Click “Sign in”
What Data is Available in Cayuse?
|Data||Location in Cayuse SP||Data Source/Integration|
|People and Assigned Cost Center(s)||Admin Module||Workday|
|Grants Management Training||Admin Module||Trojan Learn|
|HHS Conflict of Interest Annual Disclosure||Admin Module||diSClose|
|Conflict of Interest Training||Admin Module||diSClose|
|IPACT Compliance||Admin Module||IPACT|
|Funded Proposals tied to an Active Award||Proposals||Kuali Coeus|
|Active Awards and Versions||Awards||Kuali Coeus|
**KC Submitted Proposals not tied to an Active Award will not be available to view in Cayuse SP. They will be converted and available to view on March 6th.
If you have an urgent request related to a Submitted Proposal that is not in Cayuse SP, please contact Jeri Muniz.
What Proposals and Awards from Kuali Coeus will I be able to View?
- Principal Investigators (including Co-PI/Multi-PI) will have view access to their active awards and associated funded proposal(s).
- Based on their assigned Cost Center, Research Administrator will have view access to active awards and their associated funded proposal(s).
- Based on their School Cost Center, School Approvers will have view access to active awards and their associated funded proposal(s).
Where Do I Go for Help?
Our goal is to provide multiple avenues of support to you during this transition.
Please see the below quick reference guide on where to go for help:
|Need real-time guidance or assistance?||Visit the DCG Cayuse SP Slack Channel (#Help-Cayuse) Contact your DCG Officer(s)|
|Need assistance with a proposal that needs to be routed, approved or submitted?||Contact your DCG Officer(s) Join the DCG Office Hours on Wednesdays from 9am-10am via Zoom.|
|Need assistance creating and linking a Grants.gov proposal to your Cayuse SP proposal?||Contact your DCG Officer(s) Visit the DCG Cayuse SP Slack Channel (#Help-Cayuse)|
|Have a question about a specific proposal or award?||Contact your DCG Officer(s) Join the DCG Office Hours on Wednesdays from 9am-10am via Zoom.|
|Have a question about outgoing subawards?||Reach out to Kim Eudy for assistance.|
|Have a question about proposals or awards converted from Kuali Coeus (KC)?||Reach out to Lisa Villaflores for assistance.|
|Need Cayuse SP training?||Reach out to Joe Magallanes to schedule a training session. Take the Preparing Proposals in Cayuse SP course. Visit DCG Cayuse SP Training. Visit Cayuse SP Frequently Asked Questions Watch Cayuse SP Web Guides Watch KC > SP Crosswalk Video|
|Need technical assistance (e.g., logging in, access, user roles, etc.)||Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org Visit the DCG Cayuse SP Slack Channel|
We look forward to working with you on the new Cayuse SP system! Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions.