Announcement: Please see the below memo from the Office of Financial Analysis.
As you are aware, the University is moving away from Kuali Financial System and will be adopting Workday Financials as of July 6, 2021. As a result, many initiatives and projects are currently taking place in an effort to be ready for go-live. In anticipation of closing out KFS, the current effort certification schedule needs to be modified.
Please See Below for Important Changes:
1. The Effort Certification Schedule for the FY2021 periods of S02 Spring and S03 Summer have been adjusted.
FY21 S02 Spring:
- We have added a new independent certification period for FY21 S02 Spring that will take place after FY21 Q3 has completed.
- This has been shifted from it normally being combined with FY21 Q4.
- The new 30-day certification period, for FY21 S02 Spring, is now scheduled to begin on June 1, 2021 and will close on June 30, 2021.
FY21 S03 Summer
- Due to the fiscal year crossover and the transition of business processes from KFS to Workday on July 6, 2021, the FY21 S03 Summer period will be split into 2 parts:
- FY21 S03 Summer Part 1: May 16, 2021 – June 30, 2021.
- FY22 S03 Summer Part 2: July 1, 2021 – August 15, 2021
FY21 S03 Summer Part 1:
- FY21 S03 Summer Part 1 will now be combined with FY21 Q4.
- The certification period dates for FY21 Q4 will remain the same, as originally published, with the 30-day certification window starting on July 19, 2021.
- The 30-day certification window for FY21 Q4 and FY21 S03 Summer Part 1 will now both begin on July 19, 2021 and will close on August 18, 2021.
- Please note that FY21 Summer Part 1 will now be to certify for effort performed from May 16, 2021 – June 30, 2021.
- FY21 Q4 and FY21 S03 Summer Part 1 will be the last effort certification periods taking place in KFS
FY22 S03 Summer Part 2:
- FY22 S03 Summer Part 2 will now be combined with FY2022 Q1.
- Please note that FY22 Summer Part 2 will now be to certify for effort performed from July 1, 2021 – August 15, 2021.
- FY22 Q1 and FY22 Summer Part 2 will be the first effort certification periods that will take place in Workday.
- We have removed the FY22 Q1 and FY22 S03 Part 2 date preview from this revised schedule. Since the Workday Effort process will differ slightly from KFS we will be publishing a new FY22 Effort Certification schedule with the updated Workday process, dates, and language soon.
2. The revised Effort Certification Schedule is attached here and it has also been
published on our website.
Thank you for your patience, understanding, and flexibility as we continue to navigate
through the Imagine project.
Questions? If you have any questions regarding these changes please contact the
Office of Financial Analysis, (213) 821-1937, eCert@usc.edu.